Please remember that riding the bus is a privilege that may be taken away for poor behavior. Pupils residing 1 1/2 miles or more from school or who qualify for transportation for safety reasons are eligible to ride the school bus at no cost. The cost to transport these pupils is underwritten by the State of Illinois. Non-eligible students (pupils residing within 1 1/2 miles or children not qualifying for safety reasons) must pay a fee each semester in order to ride the bus. Bus transportation fees must be paid by the first week of each semester. If fees have not been paid the student may not continue riding the bus.
SAFETY HAZARD TRANSPORTATION ROUTES
Qualifying Grade Levels:
K-5 Along Lebanon Ave. from Williamsburg Dr. to Whiteside School
K-5 Along Lebanon Ave. from Lake Christine to Whiteside School
K-2 On San Mateo Dr. to Whiteside School
K-8 Along Lebanon Ave. from Little Oak Lane to Whiteside School
K-8 Along Lebanon Ave./Hartman Lane from .2 miles North on Hartman Lane to Whiteside School
K-5 Along Lebanon Ave. from Hartman Lane to Whiteside School
K-8 Along Lebanon Ave. from West Blvd. to Whiteside School
K-5 Along Lebanon Ave. from Old
Collinsville Rd. to Whiteside School
The school bus routes and procedures are considered an extension of the school day. Students must remain seated at all times and obey the instructions or directions of the bus driver. Behavior that endangers the safety of bus occupants will be considered gross misconduct. Students may not ride buses other than the one to which they have been assigned. Parents may request approval of a temporary change in bus assignment. Requests should be made to the principal. If space is available on the other bus, approval will be given for emergency situations.
· Students must board the bus at the designated location and may not go to another stop to catch the bus.
· Students are expected to exhibit good behavior while waiting at the bus stop and while riding the bus.
· Students must stay a safe distance back from the curb and stay off of private property while waiting for the bus.
· Students on the bus should sit quietly, facing the front of the bus. Books and musical instruments should be placed on laps or on the floor, but not in the aisle.
· Students must never leave their seats while the bus is in motion nor may they switch seats when the bus is picking up or dropping off passengers.
· Older students are expected to set a good example for the younger students and look after their safety.
· Students may not switch from one bus to another without the approval of an administrator.
· Students may not put hands, head or arms out of the bus windows.